Coronavirus Response: Christ Central Preston
As a church community we have a responsibility to do our part in minimising the spread of Coronavirus. We do this out of love for other people and in response to guidance from the governing authorities. During this time we need to fix our eyes on God, remembering what Philippians 4:6-7 says:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
So, we turn to God and trust Him. And we also recognise what we can do to help limit the spread of the virus. I have spoken and will be speaking in future about caring for people affected by Coronavirus, either because they are ill or having to care for others. This document deals with reducing transmission of the virus.
The following practical steps are going to be taken, effective immediately, but will be subject to change as further guidance becomes available. We have based these measures on advice from the Public Health England, the NHS and the Evangelical Alliance. Please check out https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for the latest health related advice.
- This Sunday (15/3/20) we are planning on meeting as normal. There is nothing to suggest currently that we should not. So please come. That being said, in the near future none of us will be surprised if meetings are cancelled. Let’s make the most of seeing one another, encouraging one another and worshipping together.
-Please don’t come to a meeting if you’re not feeling well. This is particularly related to the symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back. Or, a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly)
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, kissing or other physical contact
- Please wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available (we have ordered hand sanitiser to leave around the Atrium in future)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
This is just the start of what I expect to be a long process of caring for people and pointing one another towards Jesus. This Sunday is an important talk so if you can make it please do so.
Please don’t separate yourself from the church community, even if you end up having to self isolate for a time. A phone or video call, text message etc can make a big difference to others. We’re developing plans to keep being able to have worship, preaching etc going on even if we’re in a situation similar to Italy, unable to go out. In the meantime, let’s work hard to keep in touch with one another and care for others needs. This is the time for Jesus’ church to do what it excels at. We worship the God who is love, who gave himself freely for undeserving people. He calls us to do the same.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Yours in Christ
Elder, Christ Central Preston
Here are some of Matt's thoughts on how his daily Bible reading has…
Identity and Inheritance- Here's the Sunday Morning Livestream. Get…
Recommended reading and listening. Lots of great stuff out there. I…
Join us for our livestream this morning. We are a Jesus loving, Bible…
Our livestream service is on again, get involved!
Meeting every Sunday, 10:30am at The Atrium, Fylde Rd, Preston, PR1 2TQ (Access to the Atrium, where we meet, is on the Adelphi Street side, not on Fylde Road)